Sunday, September 1, 2019

Two disappearing cats (2 of 2): Old cat.

The other week, one (affable) (independent) resthome resident was saying that he couldn't find his cat, so I asked if I could go help him find him for him.

"You can try, but you might not be successful," he was like, and he then said that his apartment was small and very clean, and he simply has no idea where his cat goes.

So, I go into the apartment, and there sitting out is the cat carrier that he had brought out to take his cat to the vet and which had scared it and made it go into hiding, and otherwise his apartment wass on the bare side and very, very clean.

And, I look everywhere, behind stuff and in things and whatnot, and even at the fabric beneath the bed and sofa to see if it was broken and the cat had leapt up into the furniture and was resting on an internal beam, and no, I simply couldn't find the cat at all, it wasn't anywhere.

"I told you," he was like.

Like right after I left his apartment, too, I bumped into my one (male) (Tibetan) coworker, and I told him about the situation, so he went off to go to the apartment to go help find the cat.

Later, I saw him, and though he hadn't believed me at first that the cat was hard to find, it turned out that he couldn't find it, either.

It was pretty astounding, that a five pound cat could hide so effectively from three people looking for it.

I saw the resident later, too, and he said that the cat had briefly come out for dinner, but then had slipped away again and went and hid.

No comments: