Monday, July 29, 2019

Sounds on the subway the other day.

Last month when I was going in to work on the subway, at some point I kept hearing these loud thumb snaps like every twenty to thirty seconds or so, and they just kept going and going and they were really annoying, and they didn't seem like they'd stop at all.

So, I looked around and couldn't see anything, so I got up to change cars at the next stop.

And, I look, and halfway down the otherwise perfectly quiet car there's this (later middle-aged) (medium-shaded) (bearded) (black) guy in light grey jogging pants and an off-white t-shirt that's not dirty per se but somehow looks unclean, and he has his eyes half closed and he's rocking around in his seat and it's like he's singing something to himself to practice it, and every once in a while he throws in a thumb snap.

On the next car, two different people were listening to music, one on headphones next to me and one on a portable speaker down at the other end of the car, and right before I got off at my stop to go to work at my one job, a (young) (maybe hispanic) autistic kid howled and stomped and threw himself on a seat near the entrance.

No comments: