Thursday, July 25, 2019

Addendum on lesbian feminism.

At the last concert that the one (lesbian) (feminist) sister of my one client with disabilities sang in, I was talking with my one (Asian-Canadian) friend before the concert began, and this one (older) (white) lesbian turned around from in front of us from taking care of her like six year old daughter to go and talk with us.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I overheard what you were saying," she was like.

At that point in the conversation, I had been gushing over how much I like lesbian feminists and how they do so much more than toxic mainstream gay culture, and my one (Asian-Canadian) friend had been disagreeing and saying that there were pockets of (gay) men trying to lift up the same vision, and we just had to pay attention and find them and lift them up.

So, after we had introduced ourselves and she pointed out her wife - "That one's mine, the one with the long silver hair" - she said that the things is, "We all just have to unite."

"That's true," I was like, "But even if we unite, where are the resources?"

Then, I emphasized the lesbian common wisdom and ultimate truth that what with the gender wage gap, lesbian organizations are relatively underresourced, due to the twice-over discrimination that every lesbian couple suffers, and they can give so much less than (white) (gay) men, though they've gone and achieved so much more.

Our conversation continued from there, but she seemed to dig that I had said that.

No comments: