Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Tales of a(n Ethiopian) coworker (2 of 3): Lesbians.

A bit before that, that same (Ethiopian) coworker was telling me about how there's just starting to be lesbians in Ethiopia.

"Didn't a couple get married there a year or two ago?", I was like.  "I think I saw a picture of them wearing veils, and kissing."

"You know everything!", she was like.

She also said that a couple of years ago, she and her brother and her sister were in a restaurant for lunch, and two (young) women were sitting at a table near them, and they started kissing a lot.

"I didn't know what to do," she was like, "So I laugh and I laugh, and my sister, she poke me."

She then said that her brother got mad and they all got up and left.

"What city was this in?", I was like.

"Addis Ababa," she was like.

"In a young, hip neighborhood?", I was like.

"No, normal neighborhood," she was like.

"Oh," I was like.

I then asked if the girls were also scooping up food with injera and feeding the chunks to each other.

No comments: