Monday, May 13, 2019

Tales of a(n Ethiopian) coworker (1 of 3): Livestock.

The other week I came on shift at the resthome, and two of my (Ethiopian) coworkers were sitting at the table in our office when I walked in.

I had just picked up a free newspaper from the city with an urban farmer's dwarf goats on the cover, so for shits and giggles I showed it to them.

They talked for a bit in Amharic, and then they switched into English, and the one said they didn't look like goats, and the other one said they must be dwarf.

Then, the one said that in their country there was so many sheep and goats, everywhere.

"And now they are here," the other one was like. "We walk together."

It took me a second to get what she meant, but then I laughed, since she must have meant that they came over here, and the goats came with them, too.

I asked her if she meant that they travelled together to here just to make sure I got what she meant, and that was indeed what she meant, lol.

No comments: