Saturday, March 30, 2019

More post-campaign etc.: Wake-up.

Because I work so late, I can get hyped and then end up staying up late till like 3 or 4am.

One night I did that and went to bed like four-thirty (!), and then the munchkin upstairs was loud a few times in the morning and I got woken up like two to three times, once for more than an hour, so I got up and set my alarm from like eleven-thirty to like one, since I thought that that would be a reasonable time to let me recoup some sleep.

Then, I'm lazing around in bed, and I think I should just get up anyways, and I turn my eyes to the clock, and it's like 5:04pm.

At that, I start and go up and lean forward so I can look out my bedroom door and see a digital clock in the next room.

It was also like 5pm there.

"Fuck," I thought to myself, and I realized that I must have slept through my alarm.

Later, I was trying to figure out how that happened and I realized that I must have been more tired than I had thought, and that although it was like twelve-and-a-half hours between when I first went to sleep and when I decisively got up, what with all the sleep disruptions I had I had probably gotten something like eleven hours of sleep, which isn't really all that out of the ordinary, though the time that I got up was.

Still, it was freaky, and I was freaked out for all that evening afterwards.

Surprisingly, though, I went to sleep at a decent time and I also got up at a decent time the next day, so I think that although I had all that sleep, I was still in need of some more, which is why I could get to bed at a reasonable time after getting up so late that morning (day? afternoon?).

No comments: