Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Rest home entertainment.

The other week at the rest home, I was going down a hallway between errands, and there in a seat was one of my (Ethiopian) coworkers watching something on her smartphone on her downtime.

Since I could take a few minutes and chat, I said hi and asked her what she was watching.

"A movie," she was like, pausing the movie on her smartphone and straightening up in the chair that she had been slouching in.

"An Ethiopian movie?", I was like.

"Yes," she was like.

"Like a thriller, drama, romance, what?", I was like.

"Romance," she was like.

I then asked if I could see it, and she turned it back on.

There was this (fatter) (Ethiopian) guy who was the hero, and he was in a store looking at jewerly.

"He's buying a gift for his wife," she was like.

Then in the next scene, there was a (younger) (hip) (Ethiopian) woman at a restaurant doing girltalk with a friend, and then the guy shows up and gives her the present, and she's happy.

Then, they cut to another scene, and there was all these (young) (Ethiopian) guys around a pool table playing pool inside a restaurant, smoking and talking and putting their cigarette packets in their shirt pockets when they have to go make a shot.

At that, she paused.

"That's it," she was like.  "You like?".

No comments: