Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Campaign reflections (2 of 4): Money.

At the end of the day, money turned out not to matter as much as I thought.

Given the effect of up-ballot races, even had I been able to have everything fall into place and hit my fundraising goals, I still wouldn't have been able to fund the robust turnout operation needed to mobilize sympathetic people who were turned off by the negative television advertising that echoed the negative portion of my pitch.

With all the various factors in play, I would have had to have had a "perfect storm" of factors and high turnout and that just didn't come together, and for various reasons, getting the big money behind me wasn't a possibility in this particular cycle.

So, my worries for the past couple months turned out not to even matter at all.

Oh well.

No comments: