Friday, March 8, 2019

Baby zonk-out.

This past week, I got together with my one (half British) (half Sudanese) friend (the sister of the sister-brother pair that I'm in friends with).

Her new baby she just had is like two months old, and I got to meet her for the first time.

My friend said that it was so funny when she was just born, because she'd have some milk, and her entire body would just relax and her head would drop back and it was like she was just completely content with everything in life.

"It's like in the movies when someone takes heroin," my friend was like, and she mimicked someone relaxing after taking her heroin, slacking her body and being like, "Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh..."

She also said that she was reading up on babies, and that while we go through four stages of sleep where we're drowsy and then half asleep and then we sleep and then we dream, babies at first just go through the last two, so they conk out and you can do anything around them like go and vacuum under their crib and they won't wake up.

No comments: