Saturday, February 2, 2019

On getting sick.


For like three weeks I’d hear people with this certain cough on the subway, and I’d get the fuck away from them and wash my hands as soon as I got to work.

Then, I felt super tired for a bit, so even though I was cutting down days at work to campaign, I ended up not going out knocking doors, but instead sitting at home and resting and maybe doing office and writing work for my campaign, so I could fight whatever it was off.

And, I did, and then I didn’t and I felt like crap at work, and then the next day I woke up sick, and now I cough like the people on the subway, except for after I take generic Nyquil at night so I can sleep, because then I wake up in the morning and hack up deep green pieces into the sink, and neti pot out giant strands of green onto the porcelain.

It’s tough.

The tickle in my throat wakes me up at night, and then I end up sleeping in a ton and I don’t want to disrupt my sleep, so I end up with an off sleep schedule.

Sigh.

I should be campaigning more.

No comments: