Friday, February 15, 2019

Charity drive response of one rest home resident.

The one front desk manager at the rest home is having people collect hard plastic caps to give to him so he can give them to his friend for this one charity drive project that some kids are doing, where if they collect four hundred pounds they can be melted down into a park bench or something.

At first it seemed like a school project, but more recently the front desk manager said that he found out that it was actually for two Girl Scout troops.

In any case, the other day I was picking up some caps from this one retired engineer rest home resident, and we started talking about the project and I started saying that I was wondering what four hundred pounds of them would look like all together in one place, since that would just take up this huge amount of room.

“Four hundred pounds,” I was like, “That’s a ton.”

“No it’s not,” he was like, “It’s four hundred pounds.”

. . .

I had to pause a sec to analyze the joke, and then I was like, “You got me, [his first name], that’s funny.”

“Oh, no it’s not,” he was like, "It's really not that funny."

No comments: