Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Antics of one resthome resident: Refusing to change.


So, this one resthome resident who’s over a hundred years old who I help out a lot has needed varying non-verbal cues lately, to indicate to him that he might need a change.

Lately, I’ve noticed that actually holding up the pull-up (=adult diaper) and pointing to it in front of him works, where he'll key into what I'm doing and then get up and go to the bathroom so I can check his pull-up and help him with a change if need be.

A time or two after I started that, though, he reached out and grabbed the pull-up, and then he used it to wipe his nose.

Like a few seconds later in the middle of wiping his nose, though, he looked out of the corner of his eyes at me slyly, to see if I knew he was kidding or not.

LOL.

He was just pretending to be confused, and he was saying ‘no’ to me and f*cking with me at the same time!

And at over a hundred years old, it’s just so funny.

LOL.

No comments: