Thursday, February 28, 2019

Addendum.

Back when I was feeling shitty, I was also reading Seth Abramson's "Proof of Collusion" book about Trump-Russia through right before the midterm elections.

So, not only would I suck up news on Twitter all day, but I'd also face an extended narrative of ugly corruption at night where I'd be trying to read a thirty or forty page chunk of that book at a time, so I could get through that book fast since there was still a decently long waiting list down at the library and I needed to finish it all fast and return it for other people.

That didn't help my mood either, of course.

I think one of my goals for this year is to get a self-limiting app for my smartphone, so I don't spend so much time in the froth of current news, and can focus more on projects and re-engage the real world again or separate from it, apart from the mechanism of a screen.

No comments: