Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Wisecracks about reality ghost shows.

My one client with disabilities really, really, really likes reality ghost shows about the paranormal, and every once in a while she's watching one while I cook or clean and so I watch it with her and we discuss it.

For some reason - maybe TV and film production subsidies? - a lot of these shows nowadays seem to be filmed in Canada, and the other week a guy who was relating his one big paranormal experience started out his story about how back when he was young back in Ontario he was sitting on his front porch with his parents playing euchre, and as soon as he said "euchre," we started tittering, it was so Canadian.

A few minutes later in the show, then, he talked about meeting some entity in the basement and being freaked out and running up the stairs and through the living room, and as he was relating that, I added in "...and then I was running so fast and suddenly I fell, I tripped over a cribbage board," and my one client with disabilities started tittering.

Then, a bit later in the same show, that same guy was talking about how that same night that that freaky stuff had happened in the basement, he was sitting in the living room watching TV, and then he realized that the temperature was dropping and that he could see his own breath and that the entity was back, and my one client added in, imitating the guy, "But then I was like, 'F*ck no, wait a minute, I live in f*cking Canada, it gets f*cking cold up here,'" and she made me titter.

During the next commercial break, I told her that we were like Mystery Science Theater 3000 for paranormal reality shows, and that there should be shadow shapes of our heads up on the TV screen.

No comments: