Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Rain story (1 of 2): Lake.

Last month, I was leaving my one client's with disabilities's house, and it was just pouring, like the hardest rain you can imagine.

She's always joked about the lake in front of her house, and after heavy rains a few times before I'd seen like a large puddle by one corner of the intersection, a bit of which stuck out almost into the middle of the side street.

I'd never seen anything like this before, though.

It was honestly like rain covered more than half the road, and was up over the curb and onto the sidewalk, and I had to walk onto the highest parts of the mulch heap up on the grass strip between the sidewalk and the street, and the water just stretched down the side street like that, flowing a lot, and then as I walked upstream it was out and around into the main street, where I had to kind of find the shortest across part of the puddle and hop out into like an inch of water, since there was no way I could jump across it and onto dry pavement.

I got soaked as I walked to the subway, too.

Right when I got to the subway, too, I not only just missed a train, but the rain died down.

In retrospect, I should have waited some.

No comments: