Monday, October 8, 2018

One resthome resident is really ready to die.

One of the resthome residents is really ready to die, and the other week she was in a lot of pain and was talking about it again.

We spoke some, and she said her children understood and were at peace with her wanting that, so I said that was a good thing.

Then, she got very nice and thanked me for being her good friend, and she then gave me a sort of a benediction, and she ended by saying that she hopes that I get everything that I want in life.

So, I thanked her very seriously, then I was like, "And you know what, right now one of the main things that I'm hoping for is what you're hoping for, that death comes for you soon," and I started laughing.

She started laughing, too.

Anyone else, I wouldn't say something like that, but it's true, and we have that vibe where I can say that.

The morbidity of it is kind of ridiculous, though.

No comments: