Monday, June 4, 2018

Youth are inspiring.

The older that I get, the more that I find that young people are inspiring.

The stuff that the Parkland students are doing is great.

I come across a lot of inspiring teens when I'm out canvassing, too.

When I said something about financial investigative reporting to one (white) (female) high schooler who answered the door, right away she was like, "Yeah, those guys get all the money, and we don't even have enough to make photocopies."

That same day when I was out, I met a (white) (male) 7th grader who goes to the local Catholic school, and he had just finished a big research project on renewable energy.  He was so excited about it, and was gushing with facts about how much good it does, by removing pollution from the air.

You can't help but be enthused and impressed, when you're with these whip-smart kids who really get it in their gut about major issues of the day.

A lot of people say that younger folks spend too much time staring at screens (though who doesn't?!), but I have high hopes for the upcoming generation.

No comments: