Monday, June 25, 2018

Job perks.

I really do love how we get a free staff meal at my one resthome job.

I maybe bring in a few pieces of fruit as snack, otherwise I'm good to go for a meal while I'm there, and I can often take some home to boot, as well.

The other day they had this nice little salad made up, with pieces of cheese and a hardboiled egg and a nice creamy horseradish sauce dressing, just a bit.

I had one and one of my (Tibetan) coworkers didn't want his, so I got a second one to bring home, too, which I had the next day.

This is my first job, I think, where I've consistently gotten food.  It's great!

I really do think it's helped me stretch my grocery bill.  Depending, I might get an extra 4-5 meals a week out of it, so something like a quarter of my weekly meals are now taken care of.  It helps!

No comments: