Friday, May 18, 2018

Resthome residents (3 of 4): An artist.

At the resthome where I work for one of my jobs, one of the residents is an artist.

The other week I worked on a day that I usually don't, and one of my tasks was to help her with a shower, whereas I usually just help her with her bedtime routine.

I've only helped one other resident with a shower, and it was absolutely impressive how comfortable she was in her body; it was like that the situation simply didn't matter, and our interactions were normal, and you could tell that she was just so present and so comfortable with herself and her body.

Part of me wondered if it's because artists are so bohemian, and I also wondered if it was because maybe she had nude-modelled in the past or something like that.

Later, the one (older) (gay) guy who trained me asked me how everything was going, and I said that I had helped that resident with a shower.

Immediately, he started gushing about how great it is how comfortable she is in her body, and how he thought it was because she's an artist.

No comments: