Wednesday, May 30, 2018

A subway encounter with people I know.

The other week after work, I didn't get on at my normal subway stop to go home, but instead walked down to the next one south, so I could go get some money from an ATM at a bank branch a few blocks south of where I usually get on the subway.

So, I did that, then I went into the subway stop, and I started walking to the north end of the platform so I could get on the northmost car whenever it came like I usually do, and as I was doing that, the subway train coming from the other direction came rumbling up and slowly came to a halt and its doors opened...

...and as it did that, I noticed standing in the doorway of the car a(n Asian-American) guy I recognized from somewhere, and we smiled and did that headnod thing like is almost waving, and then I noticed that the two other people he was standing with were the ticket takers from the one movie theater I used to go to a lot more often, and then I realized that I knew the (Asian-American) guy because he was a patron there a lot too, and so I stopped and stood there and chit-chatted a few words before their car took off again, to the next stop.

They must have all left the show downtown together, I realized after they left.

It was nice to bump into them, and I wished we could have talked more.

A few times, we talked forever after a really interesting movie ended, just standing around by the entrance to the hall where the theaters are and just talking a lot about the movie and whatnot.

No comments: