Friday, May 11, 2018

A dream of anxiety.

The other week I dreamnt -

I'm at my one resthome job where we have walkie-talkies, but it's a slow day, and so I stroll through these grassy fields adjoining the resthome, even though I don't have a charged walkie-talkie with me, so that instead I have to just keep my ears peeled for someone needing me.

Since nothing's happening, I stroll outward in increasing loops, including through these little forest glades that sometimes broaden out into the edge of big forests.

At some point, I realize I've gone too far and they probably need me by now, but I don't know what direction to go in, and so I walk rapidly in one direction, only to realize after a while that it's the one exact wrong way for me to go, so I double-back and eventually come across a guy in this little meadow area who I ask about which way to the resthome, only he doesn't know, either, so I'm just filled with anxiety about losing my job, since I don't know how to get back there.

. . .

No comments: