Saturday, March 24, 2018

Another subway sight: Freshening up.

The other month I was on the subway down at the one end of the car, and I could see around the edge into that little compartment at the very end of the car, where on one half there's like a mini-room with a secluded seat, and the other half is a door leading to a conductor's compartment if that car is at the very front of the train.

In that little room with the secluded seat, was a (late teens or early 20s) (black) (guy), with a small backpack.

He set some stuff up on the ledge, then he took some clothes out of his backpack and changed outfits, and then he put on some aftershave and hair schmutz, in about ten minutes, all very deftly and discreetly, in such a small place.

"He must be homeless," I thought.

I then thought that that area must be the most private he could get, between wherever he was coming from and to wherever he was going.

I also wondered if he was going to work, or school.

No comments: