Tuesday, February 6, 2018

"I knew I was forgetting something..."

The other week I had this lingering feeling that I was forgetting something, and then as I was going into work one day, I finally remembered -

I had watered my friend who was on vacation's plants only once so far since she had been gone, and I was late on the second of three sessions.

So, as soon as I set my bag down at work, I pulled out my planner to double-check, and there it was, I had forgotten.

At first, I justified it to myself, that I was a day late the first time, so I was only stretching it two more days, and so there probably wouldn't be a problem.

Then, I thought of a joke, that I was slimming the plants.

Only, I could never share that with my friend, because she might get pissed, especially if something went wrong long-term with her plants.

In any case, the rest of that day, I continued to be vaguely uneasy, out of concern for the plants.

That same week I couldn't remember if I had paid my rent on time, either.

No comments: