Thursday, February 8, 2018

A night at the student bar (2 of 2): An anecdote of me.

When he was introducing me to his friends, the one (very nice) (Puerto Rican) who I know said that one night I had gotten hammered and vowed to unionize my last work place, which I did.

"I don't remember saying that," I was like.

"Well, it doesn't matter, because you spoke your heart," said one of the guys there.  "When people are drunk, they don't speak what their mind says, they speak what's in their heart."

"Actually, [a mutual acquaintance] told me that," the one (very nice) (Puerto Rican) who I know was like.

"Oh," I was like.

. . .

I've heard several exaggerated stories like that about myself so far, where people make me a larger-than-life super-dedicated labor figure.

I can't figure out if it's really true, or true for them, but since it's at least true for them, I don't really correct them, but just say something like, "Yes, I worked very hard on that drive."

No comments: