Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Got majorly pissed off the other day.

The other week I got home late from work, and I had a fill-in shift the next afternoon, and then a very long shift the day after, since a lot of people from my one job were on vacation and I was filling in for them.

It was like ten-thirty at night, and my neighbors had people over.

At like eleven, they turned on some kind of music or video games, and the bass and music was loud, so I whacked the ceiling with a broom handle like I've done before and they seemed to quiet down, but then a half hour later that music was back, and then I whacked the ceiling again and they seemed to quiet down, but then a half hour later that music was back, and then I whacked the ceiling again, and then that did finally quiet down permanently, but people were still up and about and coming and going until like one/one-thirty in the morning.

I just read a lot in my bedroom, since I was figuring it was like a one-time sporadic thing, and like when this has happened before, they'd sleep in the next day, like I was planning to do, since I was working later in the day, so it wasn't such a big deal after all.

Then, before 9am, people were up and walking around, a lot, and then more people got up and it just got worse.

That *pissed* me off, since I had barely gotten like seven hours of sleep, and I was working a lot and definitely needed more sleep.

So, I whacked the ceiling a few times since they were lumbering around - a few of the people's friends do that, they don't walk softly at all - and then later they weren't stopping so I whacked the ceiling again, and someone knocked back, like mocking me.

That *majorly* pissed me off, so I went out onto the back enclosed porch and up the stairs and knocked on their door, and their one lumbering immature friend went to the door and saw me and turned around and was like, "I don't want to answer it," so then one of the upstairs neighbors came out.

I can't remember what I said, but I used the word "fuck" a lot, and I said that they should behave like fucking adults, and that I was working a lot of shifts in dementia care and that when you don't get good sleep you can't be attentive with clients, and that if they want to play video games loud till late at night and have people stay over and then be up early in the morning and make noise, do it at someone else's fucking house, because this was just fucking bullshit.

And then I went home and tried to get back to sleep, and they were like church mice upstairs.

Later, on my way walking to the subway stop to go in for work, I called my parents and started talking to my dad.

When I mentioned the loud video games late at night, right away he was like, "What the fuck is that...?", and he was a bit quizzical when I mentioned how some people slept over there, too.

I then said what I did, but I felt bad, but my dad said no, maybe it'd give them something to think about the next time.

He also said that them being just out of college explains a lot, and that the one kid knocking back on the floor was just bullshit.

No comments: