Monday, December 18, 2017

Visit to a Friend from High School (1 of 2): Her young daughter's sense of humor.

The other month, I took a short weekend trip to visit a friend from high school and her husband and their two young daughters.

Their older daughter is four, and she has a sense of humor where she finds pretend games funny, where people say that something isn't the way that it is.

My friend her mom says that it's the developmental stage, and an outgrowth of play.

So, anyhow, some nights, her mom plays a game with her, and is like, "I'll be so mad if you go brush your teeth right now, don't go brush your teeth, it'll make me angry!"

And, her daughter laughs a ton, and then goes and brushes her teeth.

My friend also said to her, "Whatever you do, don't go help get your sister ready for bed!".

And, her daughter laughed a lot at that, and went and helped her dad get her sister ready for bed.

No comments: