Thursday, December 7, 2017

A new barbershop in my neighborhood.

So, I switched barbers after like a decade.

Rather than going to my standard salon near my old university, I decided to find a new place, since my good stylist left and I couldn't make the discount days, and plus on the days that I *could* make due to my work schedule, they started not having any men's hair stylists on shift.

So, the other Saturday when I was home, I googled barbers in my neighborhood, and I found a place like five blocks north of me that's tucked away on a side street and has been around a long time, and that people really like and speak highly of.

The name is basically two stereotypically Italian male nicknames, and when I get there, there's photos on the wall of stills from "Raging Bull" and the "Godfather," and a big picture of Elvis (?), and a huge poster of some Italian soccer team from some year back years ago that won the World Cup.

Overall, it was otherwise just normal, and very pleasant.

I read a magazine for a bit, then I got in as a walk-in, and on my way out I took a small styrofoam cup of coffee for the road, as well as a small bit of coffee cake that they had cut up in small squares and out on a paper towel on a small tray next to the coffee maker.

It was like a lazy Saturday afternoon, with all the time in the world.

I need to get back to that mentality.

No comments: