Monday, November 13, 2017

An Agatha Christie surprise.

The other week a book I had requested wasn't in yet at my local public library branch, and I'd been thinking of reading a mystery since my one (lawyer) friend from (Missouri) is always reading one and is always talking about them, so I checked out which Agatha Christie books they had, to see if I should get one.

One was part of the Poirot series, and it didn't seem like it made much sense for me to start off on a series, but the other one they had was called "Pale Horse" and seemed to be a stand-alone, so I got that one.

As it turns out, it starts out with a catfight between slumming heiresses, and it eventually gets into the mid-20th c. English occult revival and bastardized Freudianism!

As they say, that's kismet.

Good choice, me.

No comments: