Friday, November 17, 2017

A morning of two oddities:

One morning the other week before my tutoring job, somehow my slice of toast I was munching fell out of my hand as I went to go get the coffee percolator, and it flew a bit and landed over on the floor to the left of the stove, butter side down.

A bit later as I was biking up towards the subway stop, there were a bunch of firefighters parked by the side of a residential street, and as I passed by, one guy was turning some giant wooden lever thing on top of a fire hydrant, and he was unscrewing it as a few others watched, and as I biked right past them, spurts of rusty water were like spurting out onto the street by the curb, and then washing over in a thinner sheet to where my bike tires were just then going by.

Both things happened, on the same morning.

No comments: