Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Putting two and two together.

A lot of times my days are so long that I feel like I'm on a different day by the time my day ends.

One day at work at my library job, I overheard my two quasi-supervisors talking about free donuts in the breakroom, and I half-wondered if I could get some, since student workers really don't use the place.

Later that same week at my library job, the student coffee shop in the library was closed because the student manager had died, and that evening when I was talking with circ workers everyone was wondering if it was a suicide, though no-one really knew.

That weekend, I was hanging out with my one library circulation supervisor friend, and she mentioned that they had decided to shut down the library coffee shop that day and the pastries had already been delivered, so they brought them down to the breakroom for the staff.

It was only then that I put two and two together, and realized that both things actually happened on the same day, and that the free pastries in the breakroom were the result of a girl's suicide.

No comments: