Tuesday, June 6, 2017

A douche-y new bar.

The other week when I went on a newbarhopping marathon, I texted my one friend who lives with her boyfriend on the outskirts of a major hipster neighborhood in city about getting together, and she said she would, but not for this one new bar that had opened near her, since it was douche-y.

I didn't know which bar she was talking about, and I said that to her by text, so she texted me the name, and I still didn't know it.

So, the next weekend, I ended up there as the end of another newbarhopping marathon night, and I was honestly surprised at the hipster douchiness, since I thought she had just been stereotyping and exaggerrating.

The building was cinderblock with old time-y paint on it, and extensive metal lawn furniture outside, and inside there was framed retro sporting equipment like boxing gloves.

The whole thing just seemed so put-on and unnecessary, especially compared to (mostly hispanic) (working class) neighborhood around it.

No comments: