Sunday, May 14, 2017

Neighborhood poverty.

Besides all the (young) (heroin addicts) downtown, I've been noticing more and more people selling stuff on the streets, especially in my neighborhood.

The other Saturday afternoon, I was walking up on the main drag to the local library branch, and this (older) (fatter) (kind of blank faced) (hispanic American) guy who was shuffling along with a plastic shopping bag dangling from his hand called out to me after I passed him and was like, "Hey, want to buy some razors, real good ones, Mach 3 with 3 blades!".

I was like, "No thanks, I don't need any," and I tried to use a kind voice, and then I went about my business.

That night like 9 or 10pm in the local taqueria when I was having a leisurely dinner, this (older) (white) guy in a thin dirty faded turquoise jacket comes in and stops at the counter with the (Mexican women) and throws something on it and is like, "Don't kick me out!", and then he mumbles something, and finally he's like, "What, don't you brush your teeth?", and then he picks up whatever was on the counter and turns and goes out the door again.

I'm guessing it was maybe an electric toothbrush set or something, that he had stolen and was trying to sell them?

It's very odd, for him to be trying to sell that so late at night, it's probably a sign of how much he's "off" or on drugs or something.

I also wonder where all these people live; rents keep just getting higher and higher, and it must be hard for them to afford anything, if they're actually living in an apartment.

No comments: