Thursday, May 18, 2017

My new experiment in unionization messaging.

So, I'm really only on Twitter and Twitter-to-Facebook to do messaging, in order to disseminate articles with seemingly neutral but actually politically advantageous political framing, in order to create a "common sense" in people where none existed before.

I also add in some personality every once in a while, to lighten things up.

Anyhow, this one guy from high school's mom is totally a conservative Catholic Trump Republican, and sometimes she comments on my posts.

It's been interesting trying to learn how to respond to her.

Usually, I state an opposite, positive-framed messaging first, to instill a different "common sense," then I reply to her substance within light of that frame.

I've also been experimenting with weird use of "responsibility" and "reality" language popular on the right, e.g. something along the lines of, "Come on, we have to be realistic and live in the world as it is! Workers have to take responsibility and improve their jobs, when they have irresponsible employers."

She didn't seem to know how to respond to that, and so she dropped her point and changed subjects.  It's like it short-circuited her brain.

With effective messaging, I've noticed that you have to claim everything on your side, whether America, or economic growth, or "living in the real world."

I also notice that me and her usually end up agreeing, when I boil down through her kneejerk bullshit.

No comments: