Wednesday, March 29, 2017

A dream and an omen:

The other week, I had some Haribo gummies in the evening, and then that night, I dreamt -

I was looking at my stove, and the front had come off, and the gas was somehow trailing along the pipes that came out from the burners and constituted the exposed framing and there were small licks of blue flame here and there on the stove front, and I was worried if everything was okay, because somehow it seemed like the small flames shouldn't be there, but someone whose face I couldn't see told me not it worry, it was supposed to be that way.

. . .

The next morning, coming out of my back alley on my way towards the subway station, I looked down like I always do at the sidewalk in this one place where the frost had eaten it all up to make sure I didn't hurt my ankle by stepping in a place where the sidewalk wasn't even, and down there in one little divot was a lone Haribo gummy cola that someone must have dropped.

It struck me like an omen because I had been eating them the night before and then because of the dream, but I didn't quite know what it would be an omen of.

No comments: