Thursday, February 16, 2017

A dream of work:

The other week I dreamt -

I'm waking up in bed, and I look out in my studio apartment, and there's a corner full of snowshovels in this like three-by-three corner nook in the corner of the house where the carpetting runs out and the cheap floorboards beneath show through, and I think to myself that I should run up to the hardware store and get some salt, and then clear the walks and the different stairs outside and then salt them, and I wonder if my landlord would mind my salt maybe eventually affecting plants on the front lawns, if the runoff from the salted areas got onto them.

Then, I glance up, and in the small open staircase descending to my front door area, I notice the garage door-like door to out front is half open, letting some of the cold in and all of the heat out, only I can't feel it too much.

Then, I wake up.

. . .

(My apartment looks nothing like this layout, and it's actually a one bedroom, but the night before this dream I noticed some ice on the side sidewalk that goes to the back door that I go in and out of, as I walked it coming home that night.)

No comments: