Saturday, December 17, 2016

Two movies with the Sudan.

The other week I went out to dinner with some people, including my one (half British) (half Sudanese) friend (the sister of the brother and the sister who I'm friends with).

I had texted her right after I saw Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and so I followed up and asked her if she had finally seen that movie yet (she likes blockbusters).

"Yes!", she was like.

"I thought of you when they mentioned the case of the young woman from the Sudan," I was like.  "Now you have to tell [her boyfriend's first name] not to ever fuck with you, otherwise you'll go all obscurial on him."

At that, she laughed.

Then, she was like, "Did you see Arrival?".

"Yes," I was like, "Why?".

"One of the twelve alien ships landed in the Sudan," she was like.  "You didn't notice that?  It's like, 'Yes, we've finally made it!'," and as she said "Yes, we've finally made it!", she raised up both arms in the air like in victory.

No comments: