Tuesday, December 13, 2016

One day's library antics (2 of 3): Missing book.

That same day, me and another coworker were shifting books upstairs, taking them from one section to another because of some massive reshelving plan that our supervisor was putting into effect for some reason.

As I turned into the aisle to go and put books onto my cart, this one (Asian) guy was standing right there inside the entrance of the aisle and was seeming kind of lost, looking at the empty book section where we had just taken stuff from.

"Hello sir," I was like, "Do you need help?".

As it turned out, he needed a call number that we had probably just shifted, so I went out into the major aisle and directed him down to where my coworker was unloading books.

Like five minutes later, I went out pushing my cart down there, and I met my coworker coming the opposite direction.

"Hey, did you meet that one guy who was looking for a book?", I was like.

"Yeah," he was like, "He found it."

"Sweet," I was like.  "Where was it, was it on the shelf already, or on your cart?".

"On my cart!!", my coworker was like.

. . .

...of all the books that that guy was looking for in all of the library system, he was looking for one particular one that in that ten minute window we were in the middle of shifting, what's the chances of that...

No comments: