Sunday, December 11, 2016

Comment of one (elite university) student to another after Trump's election...

At the school where I go and teach, a (white) (undergraduate) (female) coworker was saying that one of her (white) (female) friends had been putting post-Trump activism plans up on Facebook, and then some (non-white) (undergraduate) (female) acquaintance of hers was like, "That's your privilege, to be active at a time like this, I can't do anything most mornings because I'm so worried about my family."

And, my coworker told me this like that statement was something profound.

I mean, do these kids even know what they sound like?

Something is *way* the frick off with mainstream activism culture at elite universities (or at least *most* mainstream activism culture, barring certain exceptions like with sexual assault activists).

No comments: