Saturday, December 24, 2016

2 of my 3 upstairs neighbors:

The Sat. of Halloween weekend, I got back to my apt. and went around back to go store my bike in the enclosed back porch, and some people were out smoking at the back picnic table.

And, they weren't my upstairs neighbors who I hadn't met yet, but they were good friends of theirs, and they invited me up to the Halloween get-together that was happening that night without my knowing about it.

The party turned out to be mostly college kids from the nearby engineering school and people they know, and among them was 2 of my 3 neighbors who were home:

1) A physics major who's taking a year off from school to make money and is working at the local New Age shop mixing potions and candles part-time, which he's cool with since it's fun and he freelances and he's not against it because even if it's not real, which he's not sure it isn't, it doesn't hurt anyone; and

2) This recent (white) (bearded) grad who's a computer programmer and has long stringy hair and painted fingernails and wears skirts and plays a lot of video games like "Skyrim" and was raised Pentecostal in the 'burbs but deconverted after reading a footnoted book with cultural parallels to the Bible from the wider Ancient Near East.

They were very considerate too, and said they had been wondering who I was and if they ever made too much noise, because if so, I should just let them know and they'd try to be quieter.

No comments: