Friday, December 23, 2016

Different worlds in the same city, money-wise.

The other week I was on the subway and it was packed, and two (middle-aged) (Asian) women were standing right in front of me with their bags in my face while I was sitted down on the subway seat...

When it was getting close to my stop and I was going to go get up, one was like, "Oh, are you getting out?", and I was like, "Next stop," and then I chit-chatted a little bit like I often tend to do and I said I was surprised at how crowded the train was, for like 9pm on a weekday evening.

"Shopping," she was like.  "We were at Macy's, if you spent two hundred dollar, you received seventy-five dollars free."

At that, I thought to myself, that I didn't have two hundred dollars to spend on shopping, let alone for gifts.

Later that week, I read in the free newspaper that single young people making something like $75-$135K are the fastest growing group of people in the city.

Who are these people?, I again thought to myself.

Such different worlds, all in the same city.

No comments: