Thursday, November 10, 2016

Another story of the British: One Chilean's impression.

The other weekend, a (Chilean) (lab science) friend and his (white) (American) girlfriend visited from the UK, where they're now both doing post-docs.

We went out for dinner in a group and then drinks, and just talked and talked and talked, including about the British.

"Honestly, every time I meet a British person, I think, 'How did they ever manage to get an empire and keep it together?'," I was like.

At that, my (Chilean) friend turned to his girlfriend and tapped her on the shoulder emotionally and was like, "SEE, what have I been saying?!".

He then said that British people are so much lazier than Americans, they never work till they get the work done, they just work till five o'clock, and on top of that they think they're better than everyone else for no apparent reason.

No comments: