Friday, October 28, 2016

Interesting library shift where I got to shelve...

1) A few books related to African-American military regiments from the Civil War era, where a designation like "4th", "29th", and "30th" appeared in the otherwise regular Library-of-Congress call number.

2) A book by radical mid-19th c. Unitarian minister Thomas Wentworth Higginson, who actually led an African-American military regiment in the Civil War (!), as I found out from reading the back of the book.

3) A book that I had returned a while ago, that I had checked out and used in my dissertation intro.

. . .

It's funny, you have to do a test cart and then 2 probationary carts before they let you go shelve for real, and my last probationary cart was on the first day of the term.

"It's the first day of school and you guys are giving me an exam, what's with that?!", I joked with my one supervisor.

No comments: