Tuesday, September 27, 2016

A happening on the commute to school (2 of 2): Very minor bike fall.

The other week, I was biking in to school, and as I was going over the overpass over the highway past the subway stop, my book bag shifted and burst open and all these books that I was taking in to school to return started spilling out, so I slowed down and edged my bike over, and then as I swerved to avoid biking over a falling book I ended up gently falling over onto the (at that place on the street greatly elevated) sidewalk.

Immediately, I got up and started gathering my stuff, and I hear someone shouting from across the street, "Are you okay?", and I turn and look and it's a (middle-aged) (black) (male) driver stopped in traffic, who had rolled his window down to call and check on me.

I was like, "Yeah, thanks for asking!", and I gave a wave and a thumbs up.

Then, this (black) (teenaged) girl on the sidewalk stops and starts to kneel down and pick up my books, and I have to be all like, "Oh, thank you so much, but I'm good," and she smiles and nods pleasantly and goes on her way.

Can't people be nice sometimes?

No comments: