Friday, August 12, 2016

Odd ice cream truck music.

As I’m sitting in my house working on my dissertation, I hear ice cream truck music, and the ice cream truck is playing the theme from “Love Story”.

Which, I thought, is a very odd selection, if the purpose of it is to make you want to go run out of your house and go get some ice cream.

Then, as I listen, the next song is “You are My Sunshine”, and so I start thinking about the sickness scenes in “Beaches”, and again I’m thinking of how this is the worst ice cream truck music ever, so I glance out the window to see what the heck truck this is as I hear the music getting closer.

Then, a (Mexican) paleta vendor bicycles by on the sidewalk that I can see out of my side window from my kitchen table, and the music is coming out of a boombox sitting on top of the cooler at the front of his bike.


He’s there and then he’s gone, and I wonder where he got the ice cream music recording.

No comments: