Thursday, August 11, 2016

Neighborly greeting.

The other day I was strolling through the neighborhood and was going up the street down near me if you turn right right outside my house and then turn left after that.

As I was strolling, I was looking at what people were doing with their yards, and I saw one small frontyard all strung out with vegetables, and as I was looking at that, I noticed a very shrunken (old) (Chinese) woman with a skull-like face just leaning with her thin arms against the metal railing out on the front porch of the house, just standing there and looking out on the garden.

“Hi,” she said as she saw me, softly, and impressing me because she took the initial gesture of friendliness.

“Nice garden,” I said, but she didn’t understand me, which made her saying hi to me first even more impressive.

Then, I walked on.


No comments: