Thursday, July 28, 2016

Bed bugs are back, a 3rd time.

So, I got a bite in the middle of my back on a Monday, but I didn’t think it was a bedbug bite since it was just one and it emerged very very late in the afternoon, but then on Thursday when I went to go meet my neighbor to get the key to take care of her and her husband’s cat, she tells me that that week she got a bite too, and she looked around and found a body and put it in a Ziploc bag and then got an inspector out, who said he couldn’t find anything and that the body she found didn’t count so he could start treatment since he didn’t find it, but if it was true, it was a very low level infestation that was just beginning.

And, as we talk, I feel another bite beginning to emerge on my leg.

So, I go home, check the sheets, find a dropping, am like, “Son of a bitch!”, and then I gather all of my bedding to head to the laundromat before last load.

While I’m there, I bump into one of the (Mexican) ladies I know, who humors me by letting me speak Spanish with her.

“!La chinchas volvieron!”, I was like (“The bedbugs returned!”), as soon as I walked in.

At that point, she said something like “?Verdad?” (“Really?”), and we went on to talk about our plans for the Fourth of July (she was going to St. Louis to hang out with a friend there).

And, she also reminded me that the laundromat closes at ten, and that her husband who’s a trucker has been gone for eight days straight, so she really needs to get home on time.

Later, she was asking me about my family, and I told her my dad was an immigrant after the Second World War, and she corrected me on where I put the word “Second” in Spanish.

Later later, I said bye because I was going home to take care of stuff before coming back to get my stuff out of the drier, and I tried to make a joke that I was returning to fight in the Second House War, and she helped me with the adjective (“la segunda Guerra domiciliaria”), then laughed and was like, “!Contra las chinchas!” (“against the bedbugs!”).

No comments: