Friday, May 27, 2016

Great art school student responses on a prompt.

For the very last day of my sex class at the art school, I taught a new unit involving contemporary trans* issues, and so had students begin class just saying whether they found the readings interesting and worthwhile and why or why not.

I also said that since they were there and it was the last day of class, they didn't have to do that, but rather I was just curious to find out their thinking on the material, since it was the first time that I was trying it out.

One student who was mega into trans* issues just wrote "YES" in big letters on their paper.

Another student gave a very thoughtful response, and then ended it by being like, "I'd write more, but I feel like my brain took a swim in a deep fat frier."

(That was the same student with the great paper ending, about how people like to take potshots at butches.  It seems she has a way with words, esp. when she gets real in her writing.)

No comments: