Monday, May 23, 2016

Fascinating day, on deciding to file a federal complaint:

After stuff came together and I went to file a federal complaint against the art school, I had to return to the library and shelve some books for 45 minutes in order get the rest of my hours in for the week.

As I was walking back to the work area, I bumped into my one (younger) (college senior) (African-American) coworker, as she was coming back with a cart and leaving for the day.

I happened to pick that cart and go up to shelve, and it was not only some of the music scores that I had pulled back in December, but oddly enough, the first thing I went to shelve was a score of Bruckner's "Te Deum", which is the only musical piece that I've ever found so beautiful that when it was on when I turned on the radio, twice, I had to sit down and listen both times.

(That's also happened with Percy Grainger's "The Warriors" and Brian Wilson's "Heroes and Villains" when I was much, much younger, but only once each per piece of music, never twice.)

When I went to go shelve that score, too, I pulled out another score that was misshelved that I found as I was flipping through, and I laid it on the cart.

Later, I glanced down and noticed it had Latin for the title, which was something like, "Open for me the gates of justice."

Honestly, what a freaky chain of coincidences.

Later that night I told my one music teacher friend who I know from the student bar about all of that, and she thought it was some sort of divine signal.

No comments: