Thursday, May 26, 2016

Another workday at the library: Pore, greeting, burrito.

For some reason, I've had a few blocked pores lately.

The other week when I went to go shave in the morning, I discovered one because of a pink swelling in my left cheek, and I gently squeezed it amid the stubble and a little piece of white shot out.

Then, the other day when I have to go work at the library, I wake up, and there's a gentle pink swelling above my right eye, and I gently squeeze it, and a gob of slightly greenish-gray pops out all at once, and the pink swelling still remains, likely from a small infection or something.

Later, at the library, I was arranging books on carts in the backroom where the project I'm working on is based out of, and my supervisor was making a ton of calls.

All of a sudden, he has an outsized, high-pitched voice, and is like, "HEEEEY, [MY FIRST NAME]."

Then, he covers the phone and is like, "Sorry, just saying hi to my nephew."

Later, one of my other coworkers was saying that he was stealing Chipotle coupons from the entrance to his apartment building and also when they were lying out when he was visiting other friends' buildings.

Because of some recent scare, he said, a ton of coupons were mailed out all across the city and they were truly "no purchase necessary", so you could go in and get a huge free burrito or bowl.

"And I thought I knew how the software worked," he was like, and so he ordered double portions of double meat and all of these other extras until the burrito was like $17, and then he gave the coupon to the cashier, and when she went to enter it in, it wiped out the entire cost.

"I was like, 'Thank God,'", he was like.  "I was going to be *pissed* if I had to pay for all of that."

No comments: