Monday, April 25, 2016

Public library recall!

So the other day I got a renewal notice for my 2 books out from the city's public library...

But when I went to go renew the 2 books, Edith Wharton's House of Mirth wouldn't actually renew, and when I went to go look closer at why, I saw that that was because someone else had requested it, and so I now have to go and return it when the initial time limit expires.

That kind of ticked me off at first - it was my next book up, on the recommendation of a(n elderly) (white) voice artist who I know from the student bar - but then I stopped short at that line of thinking and thought, "It's kind of lovely how two people in the city are fighting over who gets to read Edith Wharton."

How often does that happen?

I wish I knew who the other person was.

No comments: